01/08/2018 - 31/08/2018 @ All Day
SALA Festival – Exhibition Name: Colour My World
SALA Artist: Lyn Anstey
The Unley supports South Australian Living Artists Festival (SALA Festival) again for it’s second year. In 2018 we bring you an explosion of colour with paintings by Lyn Anstey.
The South Australian Living Artists (SALA) Festival is a state-wide festival of Visual Art.
The SALA Festival was established in 1998 to promote and celebrate the many talented visual artists in South Australia. Our aim to extend audiences remains a cornerstone of the SALA Festival, and as an umbrella organisation we have continued a policy of inclusiveness allowing all artists at any level and working in any medium to be part of our annual SALA Festival every August.
Join us for the SALA Exhibition launch August 11th 3pm-6pm
Join Lyn along with the staff at the Unley and celebrate SALA! Chat with the artist regarding their work, enjoy light nibbles by Chef Bryson.
- Meet and greet the SALA Festival artist
- Purchase beer, wine, cocktails, gin from the bar
- Light nibbles supplied
About the Artist:
SALA Artist Lyn Anstey
Lyn makes an exciting return as the SALA Festival artist for The Unley in 2018 with a variety of interesting, colourful additions to her Art portfolio. During SALA the walls will hold a spectacular display of colour with some of her favourite works; ‘Blue Lady’, ‘Night at The Mall’, ‘Adelaide Cathedral’ and ‘A Man and His Dog’.
Each piece of art is filled with vibrancy and life. She enjoys both the movement and flexibility of oil paint and the challenge of the fast drying acrylics, both give a different dimension to her art works.
And of course there will be more of Lyn’s close-to-her-heart subjects during SALA, native flowers. She has delved deep into the flowering eucalypts and brought to life the stunning cycle of gumnuts emerging into exquisite flowers in all their bright beauty. Her flowers are a mixture of abstract and detail, it’s hard to look away!
SALA Festival month of August
- View these SALA artworks on display adorning the walls of The Unley with all work available for purchase.
- Head in and enjoy lunch, drinks or dinner during the SALA Festival and view these stunning works.
- Enjoy Lunch 12-3pm daily and dinner 5:30pm-9pm, with our all day menu items Thursday to Sunday from 12pm – 9pm. View our menus, wine lists and kids menus
- $7 pints – Monday & Thursday 5 to 6pm, Saturday & Sunday 2pm to 6pm and All Day Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday,
- $10 off bottles of wine – All Day Tuesday & Friday
- $11 Chef Pizzas – All Day Friday
BOOK NOW for lunch or dinner
Stay up to date with our real time tap list
Learn more about the SALA festival